4.06.2011

Easter Archives: Basket Fillers

From Easter 2008:

One year, when the children were  very young, I put tiny strips of paper into eggs in their baskets, which read “Jesus loves Brad,” and “Brian is special to Jesus.” They have asked us to read them over and over again over the past few years.

fillers

Last year I made Scripture tags with specific Scriptures for each of them. I hope these become as well-worn over the years.

In addition to the Scriptures, I also slip into each basket a mug (for tea with Mommy), some form of light (a plastic lantern this year) since Jesus is the light of the world, a prayer journal, and a handful of sweets.

This year (2011) I'm going to swap the mugs for a bag or box of their favorite hot beverage. We are abundantly blessed with mugs. TeeHee.

1 comment:

Alice said...

what a great idea! and i like that the children have keep their treasures and enjoyed them over and over.