5.24.2011

A Prayer for Summer

source
 
We usually school through summer. 
But 
I. 
need. 
a. 
break.

source
  Maybe just a short one.
Like today. 

Maybe tomorrow.

Okay, maybe this whole week.

But I need some direction, Lord.
Show me what You have planned for us to do.

Help me let go...

source
 of expectations
and plans
and charts
and to-do lists.

Your Word says You came up with plans for me 
before the foundations of the earth.

For me.

For my family.

What do you have on tap?

source
What do you have in store?
What's on Your agenda for us?

'Cause you know what I want to do.
 
source
 And you know what I feel compelled to do.
And you know what makes me feel accomplished.

But break me out of the bonds of self.
Push me into Your pool of connection and LOVE.
Open my heart to You
and Your desires.

Plan my summer for me, Lord,
One experience at a time.

No comments: